CSA is a casting community.
Sorry, but we do not offer memberships to actors, writers, producers, directors, agents or managers. Membership is open to casting directors and associate casting directors only.
To avoid conflicts of interest, Casting Directors or Associates who are also Personal Managers or Talent Agents are not eligible for membership in CSA.
In order to become a CSA Casting Director member, you will need:
- A minimum of 100 weeks in the last 5 years (from date of application) worth of experience as an on-line Casting Director casting principal roles in Film, Television or Theatre to be defined as having received casting credit without the title "associate" or "assistant." Extras/background, commercials, short films and print work are not criteria for membership. You must be sponsored for membership by two full members in good standing of CSA and accepted by a vote of the Board of Directors.
- Is an accredited Reality Supervising Casting Director or Casting Producer (as defined below) who has 100 weeks or more experience casting principal roles and has received Casting Director Credit. A “Reality Supervising Casting Director” or “Casting Producer” (or other such term as used by a network or company to delineate the person who is the most senior in the department) means an individual who has (a) on screen credit for a minimum of 20 hours or 20 episodes (not less than 20 minutes per episode) and (b) with two or more years of experience doing that job
- Sponsorship letters from at least two current Full CD members of CSA who know you and are familiar with your body of work
- Is currently employed in a director level or above position by a studio, network or production company recognized by CSA and who oversees other casting personnel
In order to become a CSA Associate Casting Director member, you should be:
- An online Associate Casting Director for a minimum of 75 weeks within the last 5 years (from date of application) working in Film, Television or Theatre (Extras/background,commercials, short films, print work are not criteria for membership). On-line is defined essentially as: having been present or participated in casting sessions; has experience running pre-read and/or producer/director sessions; negotiating actor deals and generating creative casting lists.
- Sponsored for membership by two full Casting Director Members in good standing of the Corporation and accepted by a vote of the Board of Directors. At least one Letter of Recommendation must include an explanation of the duties performed as an Associate Casting Director
- currently has a minimum of 18 months experience in a manager position at a studio, network or production company recognized by CSA
Applications are vetted quarterly - March/June/September/December - applications must be received prior to the first of each month in order to be vetted during that quarter.
Currently a CSA Associate Casting Director? Here's how to upgrade to full Casting Director status:
To convert to a full Casting Director membership an Associate Casting Director Member shall be required to provide proof of 100 weeks of on-line casting director credits. Applicants shall petition the board in writing listing the on-line casting director credits and desire for conversion to full membership. Please send your current resume and letter to the board to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send documents as attachments.
Application for conversion to full Member status will have no effect on present Associate Member status, and such status may be retained until such time as acceptance to full Member status, or in the event of rejection due to lack of proof of on-line casting director credits. A conversion fee of $150..00 will be charged upon approval. Letters of recommendation are waived for conversions.
Casting Director dues and initiation fee:
- $275.00 per year, payable on February 28th of each year. All dues must be paid by March 1st for a member to remain in good standing.
- A one-time initiation fee of $175.00 is due once approved.
Associate Casting Director dues and initiation fee:
- $150.00 per year, payable on February 28th of each year. All dues must be paid by March 1st for a member to remain in good standing.
- A one-time initiation fee of $50.00 is due once approved. (The initiation fee is waived when a CSA member upgrades from Associate to Casting Director membership.)