CSA is a casting community.
In order to become a member of the CSA community, you will need:
- Two or more years experience as an on-line Casting Director working in Film, Television or Theatre (commercials, short films, print work are not criteria for membership), to be defined as having received casting credit without the title "associate" or "assistant", and to be sponsored for membership by two full members in good standing of CSA and accepted by a vote of the Board of Directors.
- Sponsorship letters from at least two current Full CD members of the Society who know you and are familiar with your body of work
- An invitation for membership extended to Casting Executives by the Board of Directors. To avoid conflicts of interest, Casting Directors who are also Personal Managers are not eligible for membership in CSA.
- To avoid conflicts of interest, Casting Directors or Associates who are also Personal Managers or Talent Agents are not eligible for membership in CSA.
In order to become a CSA Casting Associate, you should be:
- An online Associate for a minimum of 18 months working in Film, Television or Theatre (commercials, short films, print work are not criteria for membership). On-line is defined essentially as: having been present or participated in casting sessions; has experience running pre-read and/or producer/director sessions; negotiating actor deals and generating creative casting lists.
- Sponsored for membership by two full Casting Director Members in good standing of the Corporation and accepted by a vote of the Membership or Board of Directors. At least one Letter of Recommendation must include an explanation of the duties performed as an Associate
Currently a CSA Associate? Here's how to receive full Casting Director Status:
To convert to a full Casting Director membership an Associate Member shall be required to provide proof of two (2) years of on-line casting director credit. Applicants shall petition the board in writing listing the on-line casting director credits and desire for conversion to full membership.
Application for conversion to full Member status will have no effect on present Associate Member status, and such status may be retained until such time as acceptance to full Member status, or in the event of rejection due to lack of proof of on-line casting director credits. A conversion fee will be charged upon approval. Letters of recommendation are waived for conversions.
Casting Director dues and initiation fee:
- $275.00 per year, payable on Jan 1st of each year. All dues must be paid by March 1st for a member to remain in good standing.
- A one-time initiation fee of $175.00 is due once approved.
Casting Associate dues and initiation fee:
- $150.00 per year, payable on Jan 1st of each year. All dues must be paid by March 1st for a member to remain in good standing.
- A one-time initiation fee of $50.00 is due once approved. (The initiation fee is waived when a CSA member upgrades from Associate to Casting Director membership.)
As a condition of membership, all new members are required to serve for up to one year in a volunteer capacity on one of CSA's many committees. The specific committee assignment will be mutually agreed upon.