Interviewed by: Caitlin D. Jones
1) Has there been a Casting Director that has encouraged and/or supported you in your career?
Yes and yes! Alexa Fogel was the incredible woman to jumpstart my acting career. From my phone call receiving a role on Pose to being immensely flexible with me as I worked on two shows concurrently. It was a support I would never dreamed to receive.
2) What work are you most proud of?
Pose of course. I was and am part of a show that has made history. A show highlighting trans women of color, showing the magic that is the ballroom on tv and strongly educating viewers on our culture.
3) What or who inspired you to pursue acting as a career?
My co-workers. Working with artistic geniuses such as MJ Rodriguez, Angelica Ross, and Billy Porter I was sponging all the incredible work they did on set. They pushed me to see the craft in their hands and push to make it my own.
4) What was your first IMDbPro credit and how did you feel when you saw it?
When I saw my first credit for Pose I was voguing for joy! I showed my friends and family and their joy from how proud they were is a treasured gift without a price.
5) How has IMDbPro helped you market yourself to filmmakers?
My face can be accessed to these incredible creators by being in the system. I never thought in my upbringing that someone like me would be on a page like IMDbPro so for me that’s enough.
6) Any funny casting room stories?
Too Many! One time we all got into a voguing brawl! All of us just voguing to the point where we were just all on top of each other on the floor in a vogue pile! Funny but looked terrible haha.
7) Tell us a fun fact about you outside of acting:
I love ANIME. If I can push to be a VoiceOver actor for an anime character I would be in heaven. I watched anime everyday since I was in junior high school. The story, the fashion, characters, villains and the force of friendships that always prevails keep me in bliss.